Legat Architects is searching for a Senior Network Administrator/Engineer with 7+ years of professional experience for our Chicago and Oak Brook, Illinois studios.
The candidate will be responsible for providing support of multiple systems including hardware and software tools, installation, configuration, maintenance, and system analysis. This position provides input for the information technology road map helping to plan future actions for technology solutions.
Your Qualities and Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience related to the job
- Active Directory/Azure Active Directory including scripting tools such as PowerShell
- Strong knowledge of VMware/Virtual Environments, Windows Server (2019, 2016, 2012), and Group Policy
- Operating knowledge of firewalls/IDS/network security
- Linux OES, Free PBX, Isabella, Ubuntu
- VoIP programming experience preferred
- Maintain and upgrade data center infrastructure virtualization using VMWare and Scale
- Experience with network protocols, software and hardware involved in LAN/WAN operations
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS, routers, and switches
- Skilled in troubleshooting, analytics, and diagnostics
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Five years of experience administrating Microsoft Systems or proven success in a systems administrator role
- Possession of a valid driver’s license required
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) is desired, but not required
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage network servers and technology infrastructure by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance, and repair while ensuring high availability and acceptable level of performance of critical applications and infrastructure resources
- Supervise and work in coordination with IT help desk and IT director
- Plan, install, configure, and maintain networking equipment
- Install and maintain Windows Server networks, email systems, and backup systems
- Troubleshoot client/server problems, cabling, and software application problems
- Create and maintain a highly efficient environment via tools and automation
- Provide detailed documentation of work and environment
- Provide analysis and proposals that coincide with a technological vision
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Please submit a cover letter with explanation of how you meet the requirements, along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Clearly indicate what position(s) you are interested in pursuing in the subject heading of the email.
About Legat Architects
Legat Architects, Inc. is a design practice specializing in planning, architecture, and interior design with studios in Iowa City, IA, Columbus, OH, and Chicago, Gurnee, Moline, and Oak Brook, IL. The firm’s portfolio includes commercial, governmental, healthcare, higher education, hospitality, mixed-use, preK-12 education, and transportation facilities.
At Legat, we seek to employ our collaborative design process to:
- Engage and advance communities
- Enhance the environment
- Empower people to perform
Legat Architects is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran’s status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. We offer a flexible benefit schedule, profit sharing, and a 401(k) plan.