(Oak Brook, Illinois and Columbus, Ohio Studios)
Legat Architects is currently searching for an Interior Architect with 3-10 years of professional interior architecture experience for our Oak Brook, Illinois and Columbus, Ohio studios.
- Thoughtful communicator and problem solver who is eager to observe, listen, learn, and teach.
- Creative collaborator with design and environmental sensitivity and sensibility that can clearly and concisely present their ideas and communicate them in drawings and models.
- Passionate craftsperson with a curiosity for detailing and how things are put together.
- Efficient, organized manager of time and resources.
- Proactive leader who inspires, emphasizes team, and seeks more.
- Specific interest in hospitality-related projects is a plus.
- Complete assigned tasks accurately, efficiently, and of a quality consistent with firm expectations, making appropriate and timely decisions.
- Have awareness of building codes, industry-standard practices, construction sequencing and constructability, and possess the ability to research, understand, and resolve the impacts of these on the design, detailing, and construction of a project.
- Actively participate in research, design studies, preparation, and coordination of drawings, project manual, and specifications through all phases of a project to achieve the design intent and client’s goals and mission.
- Be passionate about the experiential quality and materiality of spaces, promoting well-being, sustainability, and resiliency goals.
- Assist project teams with space planning, furniture layout, millwork design, and FF&E execution, including coordination of associated electrical and technology requirements.
- Actively participate in the selection, coordination, documentation, and construction observation related to lighting, shades, and their associated controls.
- Actively participate in the coordination of all MEP/FP and low-voltage devices within the building.
- Assist project teams with construction administration in office and on site.
- Be a proficient Revit user adept with the latest Building Information Modeling and rendering and visualization tools, as well as having familiarity with other embodied and operational energy modeling and analytical technologies used during the design exploration and construction documentation processes.
- Be licensed or currently on the licensure track.
We firmly believe in the transformative impact of design and architecture in a collaborative and inclusive culture. Apply to be a part of the Legat team by filling out our application.
Legat Architects is an equal opportunity employer offering flexible hours, a flexible benefit schedule, profit sharing, and a 401(k) plan.
READY TO TAKE THE NEXT STEP? FILL OUT OUR APPLICATION FORM HERE.
About Legat Architects
Legat Architects, Inc. is a design practice specializing in planning, architecture, and interior design with studios in Chicago, Oak Brook, Gurnee, and Moline, IL, Columbus, OH, and Iowa City, IA. The firm’s portfolio includes commercial, governmental, healthcare, higher education, hospitality, mixed-use, preK-12 education, and transportation facilities.
Why + How
We believe in the transformative power of design and architecture. Everyone deserves a voice in the design of his or her physical environment. The environments that are created in our projects continually reflect this belief.
Our approach to design is collaborative and inclusive. We consider every challenge as a design opportunity, and we take a lifelong learner’s approach to every project. We also believe in an exploratory and inquisitive design approach.
We believe in architecture that inspires and elevates the individual. We have examined the research behind what makes environments exceptional, and we integrate this knowledge into our work.
An innate sensitivity to the natural and built environment is at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to creating energy-efficient, high-performance sustainable environments that promote all aspects of well-being.
Though we have many different backgrounds and talents, our people have one thing in common: an eagerness to take on projects that aim to strengthen performance and improve lives.