Institutional Resource Center
Retrofit converts early childhood center into open loft-inspired administrative suites
A 22,000-square-foot interior makeover transforms an underused early childhood building into office suites and common areas for 60+ College of DuPage employees in three departments: Campus Services, Marketing & Communications, and Research & Analytics.
The design, incorporating staff input, expands the reach of skylights, tones down formerly playful colors, removes walls, and adds internal glass. The result is a more open, daylight-filled office space that displays the natural areas that surround the building.
- Skylighted corridor connects entry to three office suites
- Shared kitchen, training, lounge, and support space
- Common areas encourage socialization and shared resources
- Designed to achieve LEED ID+C certification
- Replaced mechanical systems, lighting, and finishes throughout the building
- Updated systems create cleaner look for exposed ceiling