Hyatt Place Detroit/Troy
Conceptual design tweaks brand prototype to create select service option with upmarket appeal
Legat drew from its experience modifying brand prototypes to distinguish Hyatt Place Detroit/Troy from other select service hotels in Troy, a Detroit suburb known for its shopping and business opportunities.
The 110,000-square-foot facility offers a higher level of finishes and larger meeting spaces than nearby competitors. The design also expands the prototype material palette and adds a floor (seven total). The 140-guestroom hotel is part of a larger development that includes site work and a new parking garage.
- Ground floor covered parking area and street lobby allow second-floor main lobby and event space with better views and outdoor terraces
- More than 6,000 square feet of ground floor tenant space
- 1,600-square-foot main meeting space seats close to 200
- Events center roof deck with green wall
- Outdoor terrace extends from second-floor lobby
- Stone and metal panel enhance typical brick facade; intricate brick pattern resembles terra cotta