Renewable Energy Training Field
One-of-a-kind training and demonstration campus exhibits latest sustainable advances
IN-TECH uses this 25-acre demonstration site to train union electricians in the latest sustainable technologies. The project stands as the largest outdoor training campus of its kind and includes one of the Midwest’s first facilities aiming for net-zero energy use.
Photos courtesy NECA Chicago and IBEW Local Union #134.
- Net-zero energy storage building
- 100-foot-tall cell tower
- 60-foot-tall climbing tower
- Solar car port
- Solar tracker on rotating base
- 75-foot-tall miniature wind turbine
- Solar powered LED site lighting