80th Avenue Metra Train Station
After considering 20 firms for the design of its new 80th Avenue station, Tinley Park selected Legat.
The firm also designed the village’s Oak Park Avenue station, which earned a spot on the American Institute of Architects’ “150 Great Places in Illinois” list. The village challenged Legat to outdo that design for the new 80th Avenue station.
The resulting 5,600-square-foot station, inspired by the Richardsonian Romanesque style, sends a message to riders and residents: Tinley Park is a quality community with a rich rail tradition.
- 50-foot-high clock tower soars over surrounding facilities to create a community focal point
- Stone and face brick walls with slate roofs give station a strong image
- Stone arch identifies the station’s entry
- Stone fireplace and terrazzo floor
- ADA improvements such as widening a platform and eliminating the one-foot gap between the platform and the trains