High School Expansion/Renovation Concept
Expansion concept stresses adaptability, legacy, and inquiry
Legat Architects and Moore Ruble Yudell created a concept that bridges disciplines and celebrates innovation, while preserving a high school’s legacy of academic excellence. The concept envisions a place where natural energy sources promote operational efficiency and curricular activities.
- Atrium, inspired by a birch forest, serves as the heart of campus activity
- Net zero demonstration lab that generates its own energy
- Rooftop gardens grow produce for school use
- Rainwater harvesting system
- Circulation patterns connect the space with outdoor learning environments