Are you a licensed architect with an entrepreneurial spirit and 12 to 15 years of design and management experience? This could be the opportunity for growth that you’ve been seeking.
Legat Architects is searching for a creative, skilled, and industrious leader to advance our Iowa City, Iowa studio. The candidate will lead diverse projects and manage teams of skilled designers.
We are looking for a self-starter who embraces challenges and is enthusiastic about maintaining a culture of learning, collaboration, and accountability. The position entails ensuring all projects are staffed appropriately, deadlines are achieved, and our clients get responsive designs that support their building users and communities.
- Proactive leader that inspires, emphasizes team, and rigorously seeks more
- Thoughtful communicator and problem solver that is eager to observe, listen, learn, and teach
- Creative collaborator with design and environmental sensitivity and sensibility
- Strong communicator who can clearly and concisely present ideas and express them in drawings and specifications
- Passionate craftsperson with a curiosity for detailing and teaching others how buildings are assembled
- Efficient, organized manager of time and resources
- A relationship builder who can expand our firm’s impact by participating in firm introduction meetings, interviews, and presentations, as well as representing the firm in local and regional business networks
- Dynamic individual who promotes the firm by engaging in local community organizations and events
- Ensure all studio projects meet the firm’s and the client’s goals for quality, schedule, and budget
- Lead project teams in a manner that develops team confidence, efficiency, and productivity, while promoting the growth and development of all team members
- Understand building codes, industry standard practices, construction sequencing, and constructability, and possess the ability to resolve the impacts of these on the design, detailing, and construction of a project
- Coordinate internal project teams, consultants, and builder during design and construction phases
- Lead and actively participate in research, design study, and preparation of drawings and specifications through all phases of a project, including responsibility for the production and quality of all contract documents
- Interact with zoning, building, and permitting officials throughout projects
- Lead construction administration responsibilities on site and in office, and understand schedules and project sequencing to anticipate next steps and resolve field issues
- Be a proficient Revit user adept with the latest Building Information Modeling, clash detection, and rendering tools, as well as having familiarity with other energy modeling and analytical technologies used during the design exploration and construction documentation processes
- Hold an active license to practice architecture in Iowa
Please submit a cover letter with explanation of how you meet the requirements, along with a resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Clearly indicate what position(s) you are interested in pursuing in the subject heading of the email.
About Legat Architects
Legat Architects, Inc. is a design practice specializing in planning, architecture, and interior design with studios in Iowa City, IA, Columbus, OH, and Chicago, Gurnee, Oak Brook, and Moline, IL. The firm’s portfolio includes commercial, governmental, healthcare, higher education, hospitality, mixed-use, preK-12 education, and transportation facilities.
At Legat, we seek to employ our collaborative design process to:
- Engage and advance communities
- Enhance the environment, and
- Empower people to perform
Legat Architects is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran’s status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. We offer a flexible benefit schedule, profit sharing, and a 401(k) plan.