(Illinois and Iowa Studios)
Legat Architects is currently searching for Project Managers with 10-18 years of relevant experience as Project Architect or Project Manager for our Illinois (Chicago, Gurnee, Moline, Oak Brook) and Iowa City, Iowa studios.
- Thoughtful communicator and problem solver who is eager to observe, listen, learn, and teach.
- Creative collaborator with design and environmental sensitivity and sensibility that can clearly and concisely present their ideas, communicate them in drawings, and ultimately execute them in built form.
- Passionate craftsperson with a curiosity for detailing and how things are put together.
- Efficient, organized manager of time and resources.
- Proactive leader that inspires, emphasizes team, and seeks more.
- Specific interest in healthcare is a plus.
- Lead project teams in a manner that develops team confidence, efficiency, and productivity and promotes the growth and development of all team members.
- Ensure firm-wide standards are followed by all members of the project team.
- Monitor staffing and deliverables to meet project schedules, client budgets, and firm profitability goals.
- Cultivate relationships with new and existing clients to become their trusted advisor, resolving any client concerns and addressing business issues in a timely manner.
- Understand building codes, industry-standard practices, construction sequencing, and constructability and possess the ability to resolve the impacts of these on the design, detailing, and construction of a project.
- Assist project architect and project teams with coordination of internal project team, consultants, and builder during design and technical documentation phases as well as bidding and construction phases to achieve the design intent and client’s project goals and mission, while maintaining a project’s schedule and budget.
- Assist project architect and project teams with research, design study, and preparation of drawings, project manual, and specifications through all phases of a project, including responsibility for the production and quality of all contract documents.
- Interact with zoning, building, and permitting officials during the design, documentation, permitting, and construction phases of a project.
- Assist project architect and project teams with construction administration responsibilities on site and in office and understand schedules and project sequencing to anticipate next steps and resolve field issues.
- Be a capable Revit user with working knowledge of the latest Building Information Modeling, clash detection, and rendering and visualization tools as well as having familiarity with other energy modeling and analytical technologies used during the design exploration and construction documentation processes.
- Be licensed within the state where actively employed.
We firmly believe in the transformative impact of design and architecture in a collaborative and inclusive culture. Apply to be a part of the Legat team by filling out our application.
Legat Architects is an equal opportunity employer offering flexible hours, a flexible benefit schedule, profit sharing, and a 401(k) plan.
READY TO TAKE THE NEXT STEP? FILL OUT OUR APPLICATION FORM HERE.
About Legat Architects
Legat Architects, Inc. is a design practice specializing in planning, architecture, and interior design with studios in Chicago, Oak Brook, Gurnee, and Moline, IL, Columbus, OH, and Iowa City, IA. The firm’s portfolio includes commercial, governmental, healthcare, higher education, hospitality, mixed-use, preK-12 education, and transportation facilities.
Why + How
We believe in the transformative power of design and architecture. Everyone deserves a voice in the design of his or her physical environment. The environments that are created in our projects continually reflect this belief.
Our approach to design is collaborative and inclusive. We consider every challenge as a design opportunity, and we take a lifelong learner’s approach to every project. We also believe in an exploratory and inquisitive design approach.
We believe in architecture that inspires and elevates the individual. We have examined the research behind what makes environments exceptional, and we integrate this knowledge into our work.
An innate sensitivity to the natural and built environment is at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to creating energy-efficient, high-performance sustainable environments that promote all aspects of well-being.
Though we have many different backgrounds and talents, our people have one thing in common: an eagerness to take on projects that aim to strengthen performance and improve lives.