Bartlett Performing Arts Center at Moline High School
Expansion/renovation transforms Moline High School’s 60-year-old auditorium into regional performing arts destination
The Bartlett Performing Arts Center creates more opportunities for Moline High School students. It also benefits the entire Quad Cities region as an education and entertainment venue.
More than 35,000 square feet in renovations and 10,000 square feet in additions include a makeover of the 800-seat auditorium, as well as a music room, choral room, scene shop, dressing rooms, practice rooms, concession area, and a multipurpose room for smaller performances.
- Stadium-style seating improves views toward stage
- All-new audiovisual and lighting systems
- Handicap upgrades include seat-to-stage accessibility and designated seating areas for people in wheelchairs
- Lobby/corridor “river wall” inspired by Moline’s location amid two rivers
- Multipurpose room to function as black box theater for smaller performances
- New scene shop with garage doors that open directly to stage and outdoors
- Glass wall creates beacon that showcases nighttime lobby activity