Hyatt Place Chicago/Wicker Park
Wicker Park mystique inspires hotel featuring seventh-floor lobby and rooftop bar/restaurant with views of downtown Chicago
Alternative transportation options slowed revenues at a gas station in Wicker Park, a popular Chicago neighborhood known for its artistic and cultural history, unique shopping and dining options, and vibrant nightlife. The owner determined to redevelop the site with an eight-story hotel.
After receiving plan commission approval, the owner tasked Legat with modifying the initial architect’s preliminary design to capture the Wicker Park vibe and the Hyatt brand. The resulting 67,800-square-foot facility serves as a community asset and a stylish, yet affordable hotel option located between the Loop and O’Hare International Airport. The seventh-floor lobby and rooftop restaurant/bar, called Kennedy Rooftop, have made the hotel a popular destination for both guests and locals. Hyatt Place Chicago/Wicker Park has 99 rooms and onsite parking. Sheedy/DeLaRosa Interiors led interior design of this project.
- Lobby design and floor-to-ceiling curtain wall direct views to roof terrace and skyline view
- Interior design inspired by the abundant artistic and cultural lure of Wicker Park
- Focal points throughout lobby and roof terrace allow guests to view the city from different vantage points
- ENERGY STAR “Designed to Earn” score of 82 out of 100 with 26.7% energy reduction
- Because site logistics better accommodated concrete trucks (versus several blocks to stage structural steel), the design team specified a poured-in-place concrete structure.