Luther Student Center
Luther Student Center reinforces Lake Land College’s commitment to access and student success, creates new front door to campus
The 19,000-square-foot expansion and 26,000-square-foot modernization of the Luther Student Center combine Admissions, Student Services, and Student Life functions into a new one-stop center that creates a strong first impression and eases navigation.
The central circulation space greets prospective students with a two-story-high open lobby space and welcome desk, computer lab, restrooms, and expanded student gathering space. The link between the addition and the existing building accommodates student life space for foodservice and dining, as well as an informal tiered seating area for student gathering.
- New front entrance serves as a beacon
- Addition connects to existing building’s dining space via a double-loaded corridor
- Feature stair/seating element down the central corridor
- Roofs designed to accommodate future installation of photovoltaic panels
- Center high roof conceals views of mechanical units from exterior and minimizes duct runs
- Clerestory glazing brings natural light deeper into spaces
- Maple walls and customized aluminum signage identify key spots throughout the center