Neurological ICU Renovation
ICU makeover improves caregiver efficiency and patient comfort
A 12,000-square-foot renovation of Central DuPage Hospital’s third-floor Neurological Intensive Care Unit (ICU) marks a major clinical and aesthetic improvement in treating critically ill or injured patients.
The project expands corridors, increases room size, improves observation, gives clinicians better access to patients, and creates a more inviting setting. It converts 16 rooms into 12 larger rooms with centrally located beds.
Other spaces include a pharmacy, locker room, conference room, offices, 24/7 patient monitor room, support/storage room, and expanded family lounge.
- Multiple layers of observation maximize doctor/nurse views to patients
- Larger rooms and medical booms give caretakers 360-degree access to beds
- Caregiver alcove retracting chairs prevent intrusion into required 8-foot corridor clearance
- Wood tone ceiling feature highlights central caregiver station
- Indirect lighting reduces stress